Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 30 mins
- 16 oz. cremini mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2-3 medium carrots, finely grated
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. flour, or tomato paste
- 28 oz. crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- One-half cup red wine
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian herbs
- ⅟₄ cup dairy-free cream cheese
- In a Dutch oven, allow the olive oil to heat up over medium high heat for 1 minute.
- Add in the finely chopped (the smaller, the better) mushrooms, minced garlic, and finely chopped yellow onion. Sauté for 3-4 minutes, or until most of the moisture from the mushrooms is released. Stir in the finely grated carrots (which will help mimic traditional Bolognese texture).
- Stir in the flour or tomato paste, and dried herbs.
- Add the red wine to cook down for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the crushed tomatoes and broth.
- Stir in the dairy-free cream cheese, until all ingredients are well-combined.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer with a lid for 10-15 minutes.
- Enjoy warm with an ancient Tuscan grain pasta for best flavors!