In June, the owners of Mac & Nelli’s announced that their restaurant is going through some changes, including a new logo, a new head chef, and a new menu! These are exciting changes for the nine-year-old restaurant.
The New Logo
Owners Lori and Art Shaver are excited about the bold new look of their name. “With all the changes we were going through, a fresh new logo seemed apropos,” said Lori. Their mission has always been to serve good food in a friendly, fun environment so their new slogan, “Come for the food, stay for the fun” is a perfect fit!
The New Chef
Chef Antwan Hairston joins the Mac & Nelli’s family as head chef. A graduate of Providence Culinary Training Program, Chef Hairston has worked at noted Winston-Salem restaurants such as Mozelle’s, Tre Nonne, Tanglewood Pizza, and Diamondback Grill. He has an unparalleled passion for food and is certain to be a dynamic driving force in the continued success of Mac & Nelli’s.
“We are thrilled to have him on our team,” said Lori. “He has revamped and streamlined our menu in a great way. Antwan has embraced the core of who our restaurant is by adding his own signature touch to established dishes, and bringing in his own recipes to the menu.”
The New Menu
“Our customers can expect us to continue with favorites like our wings and burgers,” Lori shared. “Antwan is making sure those Mac & Nelli traditions continue. However, he has a heart for Southern Comfort Food. And he’s bringing his own signature flavors to the menu.” Some examples include:
- Fried Pickles: Is there any appetizer more southern? Beer battered, house-made pickles are fried to crispy perfection and served with a chipotle crème sauce.
- 3 Little Pigs: Another Southern-inspired appetizer, fried pork rinds are topped with pork, bacon, jalapenos, and a decadent pimento cheese sauce.
- Goat Cheese and Jam: Chef Antwan makes this jam, and it’s a perfect combination with creamy goat cheese and crostini.
- Goat Cheese Salad: Chef Antwan continues to embrace the amazing goodness of goat cheese with this salad! Mixed greens, onions, and strawberries are tossed with goat cheese and candied pecans. Add some chicken or salmon for a hearty and delicious salad.
SANDWICHES & BURGERS
- Country Cuban: This classic favorite is served with Chef Antwan’s house-made bbq mustard sauce. Filling and delicious!
- Southern BLT: Any good southerner loves their BLT, but Chef Antwan serves his with another southern favorite – fried green tomatoes. MAZ. ING.
- Black Bean Burger: A vegetarian delight, the black bean burger’s addition to the Mac & Nelli’s menu is sure to become a favorite for veggie and meat lovers alike!
- Bone-in Pork Chop: As any good Southern chef will tell you, a well-cooked bone-in pork chop is a work of art. And Chef Antwan is an artist.
- Grilled Jamaican Jerk Island Tacos: Hello, Taco Tuesday? The game just got real. Delicious shrimp or chicken tacos are served with a sriracha cream sauce, pineapple salsa, and lettuce. Incredible flavors!
- Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta: In a word – fantastic. Creamy and packed with flavor, this is a filling entrée that is designed to be savored.
- Chicken & Waffles: It should be illegal to have a brunch menu without this staple. Fried chicken is served over a golden waffle and drizzled with hot honey and served with pecan butter.
- Southern Benedict: Chef Antwan’s take on the traditional eggs benedict includes a slice of country ham with fried green tomatoes and redeye gravy.
There are numerous reasons to enjoy Mac & Nelli’s, and with all the exciting changes going on, you’re sure to want to try it for yourself very soon!
Mac & Nelli’s is located in Harper Hill Commons Shopping Center at 4926 Country Club Road in Winston-Salem. Call them at 336.529.6230 or visit them online at MacAndNellisWS.com. Be sure to like them on Facebook and follow them on Instagram!