Truck & Treat, Kaleideum’s annual blockbuster Halloween bash, has moved to the North campus at 400 W Hanes Mill Road, and it’s bigger and better than ever!
“Our new name for the event,” said Marcus Harshaw, Kaleideum’s Vice President of Education, is ‘Truck & Treat BOOsted!’ We have more room at Kaleideum North to park all of the trucks that participate each year, and we’re BOOsting the event with even more spooky and not-so-spooky family Halloween fun!”
The larger venue at North also provides more room for approximately 1,500 visitors who come for the day to examine the trucks and specialty vehicles, trick-or-treat, dance, and explore the Museum. At Trick or Treat, you will be able to:
- Trick-or-treat among the trucks and jump in the bounce house.
- Dance to the tunes of DJ Hek Yeh.
- Participate in a community art exhibit by adding Halloween and fall-themed craft supplies to a kid-sized cardboard village.
- Explore FrankenSTEM-maker activities related to robots, genetic engineering, and electricity. By teaching a robot how to draw, experimenting with simple machines, and even bringing a “creature” to life, visitors will confront the same questions and ideas that bedeviled the fictional Victor Frankenstein.
- Meet live spiders and snakes and learn about the anticoagulant properties of snake venom.
- Amp up your costume with face painting by Fake-a-Face or a magical accessory made by Balloon Agents.
- Make spooky props such as Stellaluna bat puppets and masks, and take a picture in The Branded Bulb, an innovative open-air photo booth.
- Get in the spooky spirit with a Halloween-themed laser show in the Planetarium and the 30-minute Science Spooktacular in the Auditorium.
Truck & Treat BOOsted is $5 per person for both members and non-members. “This event is a fall fundraiser for the Museum,” affirmed Elizabeth Marsh, Kaleideum’s Vice President of Philanthropy. “We hope all families will wear their costumes, come out to the event, enjoy Halloween a little early, and support Kaleideum while having a ton of fun!”
Truck & Treat BOOsted and additional Kaleideum events throughout the year are sponsored by Allegacy, Berkshire Hathaway, Millennium Center, Reynolds American Inc., Siemens, Tina S. Merhoff & Associates, Talon Healthy IT, Triad Family Dental, and other generous supporters.
Truck & Treat BOOsted takes place on Sunday, October 21st, from 1 to 5 pm at Kaleideum North, 400 W Hanes Mill Road, Winston-Salem. Cost is $5 per person for members and non-members. Call (336) 767-6730 or visit kaleideum.org for more information.