As we round out the last few weeks of the summer season, we couldn’t let these Easy and Quick Corn Fritters miss their moment. Their crunchy crust and fluffy inside make for the most divine appetizer, perfect for any upcoming Labor Day festivities!
Corn is full of key nutrients, from a variety of B vitamins to potassium, which supports healthy blood pressure, muscle contractions, and healthy heart functions. In fact, did you know that corn provides about 10 times more vitamin A than most other grains? And aside from supporting the immune system, Vitamin A also helps to protect against cognitive decline.
In addition, corn supplies your body with protective antioxidants like lutein and zeaxanthin, which helps to support healthy eyes and has been shown to reduce the risk of macular degeneration and cataracts. And if you’re lucky to find blue and purple corn, they are particularly excellent in fending off inflammation and guarding against oxidative stress.
Easy and Quick Corn Fritters
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 25 min
Servings: 12-15 fritters
- 3 cups Corn Kernels (about 3 fresh corn cobs)
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- ½ Green Bell Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 2 large Eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup Whole Milk
- Olive Oil, or Vegetable Oil, for frying
- Sliced Scallions, for serving
- Garlic Aioli, for serving
- In a large bowl, mix together the corn kernels, green bell pepper, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and black pepper until well-combined.
- Add in the whisked egg and milk. Stir until well-combined.
- Line a wire rack or plate with paper towels.
- In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add in the olive oil to heat up for 2-3 minutes, or until hot.
- Once hot, add 2-3 Tbsp. batter in a mound on the pan, then use the back of a spoon to spread it into a flat, circular shape. Cook for 2-3 minutes, then flip to cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer each fritter to the paper towels to drain any excess oils, then season with salt immediately. Repeat with remaining batter.
- To serve, garnish with scallions and a garlic aioli for dipping.
Now that you’ve mastered the art of fresh corn kernels, it’s time to grab your fork and enjoy the last few weeks of the summer season delights!