Welcome back to the Fancy Fork! Your seasonal produce insight and farm-style recipes that are made to satisfy.
Summer has officially arrived with its endless possibilities and abundant gardens! Be on the lookout this month for all your summer veggies including zucchini, summer squash, heirloom tomatoes, bell peppers, fresh corn, cauliflower, cucumbers, bok choy and broccoli. Have you ever tried making your own pickles or pickling beets? Because if not, this is your sign and season to give it a try! Some fruits in season are bananas, blackberries, blueberries, cherries, grapes, strawberries, mangoes and strawberries.
The recipe for this month is an easy (Sheet Pan) Lemon Honey Garlic Chicken with Crispy Feta for a nutrient-dense meal that is rich in earthy notes. And while I think the Crispy Feta is the star of the show here, the second runner up would be the bell peppers! Bell Peppers are rich in antioxidants, including vitamins C, E and beta-carotene. However, it’s worth noting that the nutritional content of bell peppers varies depending on their color. Red Bell Peppers pack the most nutrition because they’ve been ripened on the vine the longest. They contain more potassium, vitamin C and folate than the other variations.
Prep. time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1 lb. Chicken (boneless & skinless), sliced into strips
- 4 tbsp. Batistini Farms 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. EACH: Sweet Paprika, Honey, Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp. EACH: Ground Ginger, Cumin, Salt
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 large Red Bell Peppers, sliced
- 2 Fresno Peppers, sliced and seeded
- 1/4 cup Fresh Dill & Parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. Flour
- 8 oz. block of Feta
- Basmati rice, to serve
- Avocado, to serve
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper, if needed.
- In a small bowl, mix all the seasonings together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced chicken, seasoning mix, minced garlic, sliced Fresno peppers, chopped herbs and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Toss until well combined.
- Add in the sliced red bell peppers and toss once more. Spread out on the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until chicken is fully cooked.
- To make the crispy feta, toss the feta block in flour then fry in the remaining olive oil over high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Enjoy warm with basmati rice, sliced avocado and more fresh herbs!