PHOTO BY MEGAN BLACK PHOTOGRAPHY
My name is Brooke Eagle, and I am thrilled to be the brand new publisher of Forsyth Family Magazine! Before I tell you a little about me, I want to give a huge thank you and congratulations to Robin Bralley. Robin published Forsyth Family for the last 15 years! She is a kind, loving, family first woman of tremendous faith. She’s been in my life for just about as long as I can remember, and it’s an honor to continue her mission of celebrating family life through this magazine.
A few things about me:
- I have been involved with Forsyth Magazines since they began 18 years ago! From writing a “teen talk” column and helping deliver magazines as a teenager and college student to selling ads, hosting our podcast, planning events and being a publisher. I’ve loved being a part of nearly every possible role in some form or fashion.
- I have two dogs – a 110-pound bernedoodle (Carter) and a German shepherd (Murphy).
- In October 2021, I opened Washington Park CrossFit with two business partners. I have a passion for helping my community, and this gym fits into that passion perfectly!
- Snowboarding and wake surfing are two of my favorite hobbies!
- I have a major sweet tooth, and you can always find sour candy in my pantry and plenty of ice cream options in the freezer.
While we have some exciting changes in the works for Forsyth Family, our love for supporting local businesses and bringing our community together is one thing that will never change.
It’s an honor to feature Forsyth Country Day School on the cover of this issue. You can read all about how they are getting creative to engage their students on pages 32-25.
Readers tell us often that they love recipes, and we’re thrilled to add another recipe column starting with this issue! Check out All Types of Bowls on page 30.
We hope you enjoy reading through this issue as much as we enjoyed putting it together!
If you ever have any feedback or comments, I’d love to hear them! You can email me at Brooke@forsythmags.com
Wishing you a happy and healthy start to 2023!
All my best,