by CASEY CHEEK
Hi! I’m Casey, a part-time food blogger, full-time architect, wife and dog mom. On All Types Of Bowls, you’ll find healthy inspiration for making your favorite cravings and comfort foods. I believe we should eat all our cravings, whether it’s a leafy grain bowl or a big bowl of pasta.
White Chicken Chili
(Gluten Free, Protein-Packed, Meal Prep)
Serves 8 | Prep Time: 20 minutes | Cook Time: 35 minutes | Total Time: 55 minutes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1/4 cup green onion, the white parts, chopped
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 15-oz can sweet yellow corn, drained
- 1 15-oz can white corn, drained
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can white northern beans, drained
- 1 15-oz can pinto beans, drained
- 8 ounces mild green chiles
- 2 large chicken breasts or 3 cups of shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup plain, nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 a lime, juiced
- Toppings: green onions, cilantro, jalapenos, Greek yogurt or sour cream
- In a soup pot, add the olive oil, and sauté the onion and green onions. Cook until they soften. Then, add the jalapeno and yellow bell pepper. Once cooked a few minutes, add the salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and paprika. Cook again for another few minutes.
- Add in all your cans. (All the beans, the corn and the chiles). Cook for another few minutes.
- Add in the chicken broth. Once it comes to a simmer, add in the chicken breast if making your shredded chicken from scratch. Cover and let cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken breasts once cooked and shred. Add the shredded chicken back into the pot (or the already-made shredded chicken). Simmer for another 15 minutes, covered.
- Mix the Greek yogurt and lime juice into the chili, and cook for another five minutes.
- Serve or store in the fridge for up to five days. You can also freeze for future use.