With more than nine decades of experience, Piedmont Sheet Metal in Winston-Salem lives up to its trusted reputation when it comes to keeping your home or work environment its most comfortable!
Your HVAC needs are their first priority, and the family owned company serves Winston-Salem, Forsyth County and surrounding areas with the talents and professionalism of a 47-member team.
When it comes to those who service their many commercial clients, several team members have a decade or more experience just on their own. All have their EPA certification for refrigerant, along with training in LG/Rheem/Lennox.
Meet the Commercial Service Department
Robert M. is an HVAC comfort advisor with H3 contractor licensure and more than 20 years experience, and Craig Y. brings 26 years of service as a Commercial Service Technician. Marsha M., Commercial Service Manager, has worked full-time at PSM for 15 years (plus time spent helping her husband, a former PSM worker, even before that). Austin B. has more than 12 years of experience and Keith B. has five years as Commercial Service Technician, while Cody P. has more than 10 years of experience.
The feeling of community within the Piedmont Sheet Metal staff is a strong one, and their longevity speaks to that.
“You know you matter here,” says Craig, easily referring to both clients and employees. Austin feels the integrity of the company sets them apart. “Everyone is here to support you, and employees are allowed to grow!”
Putting God and family first is especially important to Keith, and he feels lucky the company recognizes family time off when needed, even with short notice.
“The atmosphere is very family oriented, unlike some of the larger companies I’ve worked for,” adds Cody. “It’s an excellent company culture with a long lineage dating back to 1928, so there are deep local roots with clients, distributors and employees.”
“We all experience support equally in the company setting, which translates to how we treat customers,” adds Robert, while Marsha believes the flexibility and family atmosphere at PSM is second to none.
Follow Their Advice
This powerhouse commercial service team also offers expert tips for the best HVAC experience:
* Be aware that regular maintenance prevents future problems.
* For businesses, that means preventive maintenance on HVAC systems quarterly, if you want peak performance!
* To keep systems in top condition, start-up procedures, maintenance and repair practices are important, including proper vacuum set-ups, understanding of saturation temperatures and refrigerant charging – especially at initial set-up.
* Add filter changes, coil cleaning and keeping drain lines clear of debris to your maintenance checklist to increase longevity of your system.
* At a minimum, one-inch and two-inch filters (poly and pleats) should be replaced at least quarterly, and specialty four-inch or six-inch filters need replacing annually or bi-annually.
What does this savvy group think the benefits are of building long-term relationships with commercial clients?
- It creates great rapport with customers and assures them we are working on their behalf.
- Forming a harmonious relationship with customers creates a clear path of communication and expectation. They know when we show up that we are there to get the job done in a time-efficient manner, with respect for their business.
- Building long-term relationships with commercial clients is crucial to the success of any commercial HVAC company. The fact that a commercial client becomes a repeat customer is a testament to the standard of work – and that’s something to take pride in! Fulfilling the customer’s expectations is the most rewarding part.
- The end goal is to maintain a long-lasting relationship with our customers and make them feel valued. This team wants their customer service to shine through from the initial phone conversation to on-site technical repairs.
Contact the valued team at Piedmont Sheet Metal today to schedule a visit and consultation at your home or business in the Winston-Salem area. Piedmont Sheet Metal is located at 801 N. Broad Street, Winston-Salem, 336.724.7439 and online at Piedmontsm.com.