In this wild season of sickness and caution, many might choose to celebrate Halloween at home this year. Make these artsy treats together with your family and fill their Halloween season with such spooky bites and fun and they won’t feel that they’ve missed out on a thing! Mummy Pizzas for lunch and Graveyard Mousse Cups will help them get their creative juices flowing and feel like it’s also craft time!
16 Black olive slices or mini-pepperoni slices
One-third cup Pizza sauce
1 can Crescent roll dough, refrigerated
8 Mozzarella cheese slices
1. Heat oven to 375° and lightly spray a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Roll out the crescent roll dough and separate into 4 rectangles, pressing seams together and cutting them into equal halves. If using a crescent dough sheet, cut into 8 equal rectangles. Once on baking sheet, press the rectangles out slightly. Bake about 8-9 minutes until light golden brown and remove from oven.
3. Spread about 2 teaspoons of pizza sauce on each dough rectangle. Cut a mozzarella slice into 8 strips and place criss-cross atop the dough rectangle to resemble mummy bandages. Add 2 olive slices or pepperoni slices for eyes.
4. Pop them back in the oven for 2-3 minutes until cheese melts. Serve warm!
Peanut Butter Mousse Graveyard Cups
1 cup Peanut butter
1 cup heavy Whipping cream
2 heaping Tbsp. Cream cheese
2 Tbsp. Powdered sugar
1 tsp. Vanilla
pinch of Salt
Chocolate chip cookies
Chocolate fudge sauce
Milano-style or rectangle-shaped cookies
Small black “writing” tube gel Icing
- In a mixing bowl, blend peanut butter, half the cream, cream cheese, vanilla, sugar and salt. Once blended, mix in the rest of the cream.
- In another bowl, break up the chocolate chip cookies into large chunks. Use two cookies per graveyard cup.
- For each cup, place cookie chunks into the bottom and top with mousse, then drizzle with fudge sauce. Repeat theses steps, so there will be two layers of cookies, mousse and fudge sauce.
- Use the writing-style gel icing to write “RIP” on one end of a Milano-style or rectangle-shaped cookie and stand in mousse, surrounded by chocolate sauce and a few cookie crumbs as a tombstone.
Gummy Worm Chillers
Hawaiian Punch – Green Berry Rush
Twizzlers, green and orange, optional
- Place 2 gummy worms into each muffin tin compartment and fill until just covered with Hawaiian Punch. Freeze for 2-3 hours.
- Fill a glass ¾ full with Punch and the rest with lemon-lime soda.
- Drop in the frozen ice worms. Garnish with additional worms dangling out of the glass, if desired, and serve immediately. Drink with a Twizzler straw for extra fun!