by CASEY CHEEK
Hi! I’m Casey, a part-time food blogger, full-time architect, wife and dog mom. On All Types Of Bowls, you’ll find healthy inspiration for making your favorite cravings and comfort foods. I believe we should eat all our cravings, whether it’s a leafy grain bowl or a big bowl of pasta. Website: AllTypesOfBowls.com
(Quick Meals, Dairy-Free)
Serves 2 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 15 minutes | Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1 large chicken breast (about 8 oz), cubed
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil + 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup carrots, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup brown or white rice
- Toppings: sesame seeds, green onions chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp ginger paste or fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp cornstarch + 2 tbsp water whisked together
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Heat 1/2 tbsp olive oil in a large pan on medium heat. Add in the carrots and broccoli. Season with the garlic powder and salt. Cook for 5 minutes until vegetables are tender and cooked through. Remove from the pan.
- Heat the other 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in the pan again.
- When hot, add in the chicken breast. Cook for 3 minutes on one side without moving them around too much.
- Once they are browned on the bottom, flip them all over. Cook for another 3 minutes until the other side is browned.
- While the chicken is cooking, mix together all the ingredients for the teriyaki sauce. Before adding in the cornstarch, make sure to mix it first with the water.
- Pour the sauce into the pan with the chicken. Cook for another couple minutes until the sauce thickens. It will be very saucy, so you can spoon some sauce over the veggies as well.
- Assemble the bowl with the rice, then veggies, then the chicken teriyaki. Top with sesame seeds and green onions, and serve!