by CASEY CHEEK
Hi! I’m Casey, a part-time food blogger, full-time architect, wife and dog mom. On All Types Of Bowls, you’ll find healthy inspiration for making your favorite cravings and comfort foods. I believe we should eat all our cravings, whether it’s a leafy grain bowl or a big bowl of pasta. Website: AllTypesOfBowls.com
Chicken Parm Meatballs
(Gluten Free, Protein-Packed)
Serves 4 | Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 30 minutes | Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup gluten free breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup parmesan
- 1 ball of mozzarella, cut into small 1/2″ cubes
- 1 jar of marinara
- basil for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Combine the ground chicken, breadcrumbs, egg, seasonings and parmesan together until fully incorporated.
- Scoop out enough to make 2″ sized meatballs. Flatten the mixture first and place a cube of mozzarella. Roll the meatballs around the mozzarella. It will make about 18-20 meatballs.
- In a baking dish, pour in the jar of marinara sauce. Place the meatballs in the sauce, and scatter the rest of mozzarella around the dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Top with basil and serve!