Sip and savor the best of beverages this Valentine’s with these romantic recipes in a celebration of the senses. Whether it’s cocktails or mocktails, tea or coffee you “heart” most, enjoy these ravishing recipes to wet your whistle this heart-full holiday!
ROMANTIC RAVISHING RED FRUITALICIOUS SPRITZER
Simple Syrup Ingredients:
3-4 stalks rhubarb (chopped)
2 cups pomegranate
2 cups tea (fruitalicious black, green, white, or tea of choice)
1 cup sugar or honey/maple syrup or 10 drops of stevia for sugar-free
prosecco/champagne or tonic water/seltzer for virgin mocktail (chilled)
½ cup cranberry/pomegranate juice
½ cup romantic ravishing red fruitalicious simple syrup
raspberries muddled (optional)
ice to serve colder (optional)
strawberry (slit down middle) to garnish
- Boil rhubarb and pomegranate in tea with sugar or sweetener and add de-stemmed strawberries and raspberries.
- Stir regularly and after several mins. or so, taste test to gauge sweetness and readiness.
- May need to add additional tea or water depending on thickness consistency.
- Remove from heat and let cool several minutes before straining.
- When cool enough, pour into a glass jar sealed with lid for storage for about a month or so.
PRETTY IN PINK ROSEWATER ARNOLD PALMER
1 oz. rosewater
3 oz. strawberry or raspberry lemonade
1½ oz. tea of choice
1 oz. rose or liquor of choice (vodka/gin/tequila)
1-3 rosebuds and/or lemon round/wedge to garnish
NAUGHTY ‘N NICE DIRTY CHAI MARTINI (4 COCKTAILS)
4 chai black tea bags
2 oz. espresso or strong coffee
4 oz. liquor (vodka/gin/vermouth)
1 Tbs. maple syrup/honey/blue agave
1 cup plant-based milk (e.g., oat/hemp/cashew/almond/coconut)
handful of ice (optional)
star anise/cinnamon stick to garnish
⅛ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- Stir in sweetener and salt until well blended and set aside to cool.
- Brew espresso or strong coffee and let cool.
- Combine tea, coffee, milk, liquor (optional), and ice into shaker.
- Boil water in pot and steep 4 chai black tea bags for 4-5 min. and discard.
- Strain into 4 martini glasses and garnish with star anise/cinnamon sticks.
Recipes adapted from: withfoodandlove.com/dirty-chai-martini/
HEART & SOUL ROOIBOS TEA BLEND (CAFFEINE-FREE)
rooibos (red tea)
mint (medley of peppermint and spearmint)
LOVELY IN LOVE POTION BELLINI
2-3 oz. pink grapefruit or white grape juice
4 medium peaches for puree or 4 oz. peach nectar
1 cup peach white tea, green tea or tea of choice
½ Tbs. sugar/maple syrup/honey or ¾ oz. simple syrup
4 oz. sparkling rose, champagne, or prosecco
½ oz. grenadine
pink grapefruit or peach wedge to garnish
- Add pitted and sliced peaches to blender with cooled tea and sugar/sweetener and puree until liquid becomes a smooth pulp.
- Pour desired amount of puree or nectar into champagne flute.
- In shaker, mix grapefruit/grape juice and grenadine and add into the peach puree/nectar.
- Slowly stir in sparkling rose/champagne/prosecco.
- Garnish with pink grapefruit or peach wedge.
Recipe adapted from: thespruceeats.com/bellini-cocktail-recipe-759283
PASSIONATE PINK HOT COCOA
5 cups milk of choice (dairy or plant-based)
2 cups white chocolate (bars or chips)
1½ tsp. vanilla or almond extract
strawberry syrup (sweeten to taste and desired pinkness color)
strawberry slices (with slit down center) to garnish
- Heat milk until just before it starts to steam and stir in white chocolate, continuously stirring until fully melted and blended in with milk.
- Lower heat to simmer and stir in strawberry syrup and vanilla or almond extract.
- Pour into mugs, top with whipped cream and sprinkles and serve while hot.
Recipe adapted from: freshcoasteats.com/valentines-hot-chocolate/
PURE PASSION POMEGRANATE SPICED CIDER
3 cups pomegranate juice
1½ cup cranberry juice
4 cups apple juice
2½ Tbs. maple syrup/honey
1 orange (cut into slices with some reserved for garnishing)
2 cinnamon sticks
4 star anise
1 tsp. whole cloves
½ tsp. allspice
1 drop pure orange essential oil (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a large saucepan or pot and boil for 5 mins.
- Reduce heat to low and continue simmering for about 30 min.
- Taste test to determine if more steeping of spices is required.
- When ready to serve, add an orange to each mug as a garnish.
Recipe adapted from: goodlifeeats.com/spiced-pomegranate-apple-cider/